Sales representative Ridder Spain, Almería
Ridder is a Dutch family-owned company that has been supporting growers for 65 years with technology for optimizing horticultural production. Operating from several strategic locations on three continents, we are an international company with more than 300 committed employees and a global network of business partners offering solutions to growers in more than 100 countries. Our company stands out for its customer loyalty, determination, and service focus.
In its more than 21 years of presence in the Spanish market, Ridder España has become one of the leading companies in the sector. We are the preferred choice for medium and high-tech horticultural production companies and are present in the main production companies in Spain.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Sales Representative to take responsibility for part of the sales activity of Ridder Spain and to develop the ambitious growth strategy of the Ridder group.
As Sales Representative you will report to the Managing Director of Ridder Spain and will be based in our office in Almeria.
We offer opportunities for growth within a committed, autonomous, and hands-on team.
- Execute sales plans for all product ranges in the Ridder catalogue.
- Manage national and international accounts.
- Advise and provide commercial and technical support to customers.
- Ensure a quick and professional response to customer requests.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with customers, seeking a thorough understanding of their needs.
- Work with the sales team and other departments to ensure the highest quality response to customer needs.
- Evaluate and identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Expand existing relationships and attract new customers, building and maintaining a relevant network of contacts in Spain.
- To be a reference and point of contact for the Ridder brand and an expert in the market.
Qualifications and experience required
- Academic degree related to agriculture or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience in a commercial position related to greenhouse horticulture.
- Extensive network of contacts in the Spanish horticulture market, both end-users and distribution channels.
- Experience in executing regional sales strategies, including a tactical and operational approach, with a proven track record of achieving agreed budgets and targets.
- International sales experience preferred.
- Be able to maintain existing relationships with customers and business partners.
- Be able to identify and develop new business relationships.
- Have a good understanding of the market needs of end users, partners, and investors in the Spanish market.
- Be well connected and in regular contact with the most important producers in the Spanish market.
- Have an excellent understanding and network of contacts within the market both with end-users and the distribution market.
- Be committed to achieving sales targets and be able to manage setbacks by finding alternatives.
- Have a natural eagerness to find business opportunities and be sales motivated.
- Have a reasonable understanding and affinity with the basic technical issues of the products.
- Native Spanish speaker; good level of written and spoken English.
- Be willing to travel regularly, in and out of Spain.
We offer an interesting job in a stimulating environment and in an innovative company. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits and extensive training opportunities. If you have excellent sales skills, the above-mentioned knowledge and experience and would like to know more, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.